Fourth of July Recipes
My second favorite holiday is just around the corner (my first being Christmas)! This year we have some friends coming in town for the week so who knows what all we will get ourselves into, but one thing I do know is that we do have to eat! So in the honor of 4th of July and with the help of Pinterest, I have found some awesome patriotic recipes! Check them out below!
Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
16 oz of Strawberries, washed and cut in half
1 pint of blueberries, rinsed
3 bananas sliced in thick chunks
1/8 cup of honey
1 fresh lime
- Wash and cut all your fruit.
- Combine in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Here is a hint – microwave your lime for 10 seconds before you cut and squeeze it. You will get more out of it after it was warmed up.
- Drizzle the honey lime glaze over the fruit and stir slightly to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Doesn’t that sound amazing?! I love fresh fruit in the summertime. Something about cold fruit and hot weather just makes me happy all over! Another great tip that Carrie (the creator of this awesome recipe) said was that you could change up the fruit for the future by using watermelon or even raspberries!
Fourth of July Fruit Platter
Strawberries (or Watermelon) cut into pieces
White Chocolate Covered Pretzels (or yogurt covered pretzels depending on your preference)
- Wash your blueberries and strawberries (or watermelon)
- Place Blueberries in a bowl, then place them in the upper left hand of the platter
- Slice your strawberries or watermelon and place in lines
- Place your chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels in between the strawberry or watermelon lines
- There you have it, a fruit American Flag that is perfect for any party!
Is that not the easiest thing that you have ever seen?! Slice some berries, open a bag, and there you have it! A food American Flag!!
For more 4th of July themed food be sure to follow my Food Crush Pinterest board!